Certified Self-Defense Krav Maga Instructor
What is Krav Maga?
Krav Maga, or Israeli Krav Maga, literally means “contact combat”. Krav Maga training is based on a self-defense system developed for the military in Israel that consists of a wide combination of techniques sourced from boxing, savate, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo, Jujutsu, wrestling, and grappling, along with realistic fight training. Since the first Krav Maga trainings by Imrich Lichtenfeld in the Middle East in the 1940’s, Krav Maga classes have been refined for civilian, police and military training disciplines.
Krav Maga Techniques and Training
Krav Maga techniques differ from other martial arts methods mainly in their practicality to implement under real- time conditions. The logic and general approach of Krav Maga originates in the teaching methodology that allows the trainee to make use of their own natural instincts.
Krav Maga training at Bearfoot Karate centers on threat neutralization, simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers and aggression. Bearfoot believes in keeping a training curriculum focused on real-world situations by using surprise tactic drills, strength training group activities and situational awareness exercises.
Watch One of Our “Intro to Krav Maga” Classes…
Krav Maga classes also help students to understand the psychology of a street confrontation and to identify potential threats before an attack occurs.
Interested in trying Krav Maga Classes? Give us a call today at (763) 219-1300 or Sign Up Below to Schedule a Free Trial.
Krav Maga Principles
Main Krav Maga principles: Avoidance, prevention, escape and evasion.
A very important point about Krav Maga training in US schools that is often overlooked is that it encourages avoidance of confrontation. If this is impossible or just plain unsafe, it promotes finishing a fight as quickly as possible.
Students learn to defend against all variety of attacks and are taught to counter in the quickest and most efficient way.
Krav Maga Basics
- Counter attack as soon as possible (or attacking pre-emptively)
- Targeting attacks to the body’s most vulnerable points
- Maximum effectiveness and efficiency in order to neutralize the opponent as quickly as possible.
- Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, objects that could be used to defend or help attack, etc.
Civilian Krav Maga Self-Defense System Graduate, 5th Degree Level Tae Kwon Do Black Belt
Bearfoot Karate’s Krav Maga instructor, Joe Hoglund, is a Civilian Krav Maga Self-Defense System Graduate 1 Level and a 5th Degree Level Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. He’s been trained by IKMF, which is the largest and most appreciated Krav Maga institution worldwide. The IKMF has branched out and is successfully active locally in the Twin Cities and around the US, in Israel, as well as in Australia, Southeast Asia, the Far East, most EU countries, and ex-communist countries such as Poland, Russia and Hungary. Similar to how the IKMF trains participants and instructors, the classes at Bearfoot cover:
- Handling throws and falls to all directions and angles
- Attacks and counterattacks, performed to all targets, distances and direction
- Use of common objects for defensive purposes
- Defending unarmed attacks – punches, strikes and kicks
- Defending armed attacks and threats – knives, sharp objects, sticks
- Releases from all sorts of grabs and holds
- Dealing with attacks coming from all possible directions
- Physical and mental control and disarm
Sample a class with us! Krava Maga self-defense techniques are real-world skills applicable in daily lives for all ages and abilities. Get the knowledge, strength and confidence to protect yourself and others.
Call Today or Fill Out the Form Below to Request your First Class Free, or Schedule a Private Krav Maga Lesson with Master Joe Hoglund, Who Can be Reached at (763) 219-1300.